Jessica Kostos – Physiotherapist and Pilates instructor
Jess is a Physiotherapist and Pilates instructor. She graduated with Honours at The University of Melbourne in 2012, and has since completed post graduate qualifications in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (Uni Melb, 2015).
Jess has gained extensive experience working in both the public and private sectors throughout Australia and the U.K. She has recently returned from the U.K. where she was working for the Australia Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI) as a Consultant Physiotherapist, mentoring a team of Women’s Health physiotherapists. She also worked for the APPI Education team as a course educator, sharing her knowledge of Pilates to healthcare professionals throughout England and Scotland.
In Australia she has worked in private practice, Pilate’s studios, and in a large community hospital as part of a multi-disciplinary maternity team, both on the ward and in the outpatient department. During this time, she won an award for her quality improvement project to reduce wait-times for the Physiotherapy Ante-natal Clinic.
Jess has a special interest in treating women’s health, pelvic and spinal conditions. Her clinical approach combines evidence-based physiotherapy with clinical Pilates, dry needling, acupuncture, education and specific exercise rehabilitation to treat, manage and promote well-being. She is passionate about helping people of all ages achieve their optimal physical health and well-being.
Outside of work you will find Jess running along the Yarra River, on a netball court, sourcing out the best coffee shops, or in the Pilates studio inventing new moves for her clients.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
- APA Women’s, Men’s and Pelvic Health Interest Group
- The Continence Foundation of Australia – Physiotherapy Group
- The Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC) member, UK
- Pelvic, Obstetric & Gynaecological Physiotherapy Group (POGP) affiliate member. UK
- The Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (UK)
- Face to face physiotherapy
- Women’s health and clinical exercise (Pilates)
- Online clinical exercise/pilates1:1
- Provide classes and Telehealth Consults
- Dry needling