MOVE Sports & Spinal Physiotherapy
Our aim is to eliminate pain and restore full function in the shortest possible time with hands on treatment techniques and exercise prescription.
We are conveniently located at Yarra Medical The Hive Shopping Centre in Abbotsford. Our physiotherapy services extend to patients in Richmond, Abbotsford and surrounding suburbs including Hawthorn and Kew. We’re also just a short tram ride from Melbourne City, East Melbourne, Collingwood and Fitzroy.
Initial consult (30min) – $95
Standard consult weekdays (30min) – $85 ($90 Weekends)
Extended consult (60min) – $135
Private health insurance claiming available on the day
Clinical Pilates Fees
All patients must complete an initial assessment and tailored program before joinin the group classes
- Initial assessment (30min) – $95
- Tailored program (30min) – $85
- Private one on on (30min) – $85
- Private one on one (60min) – $135
- Semi private trio (45min) – $45pp
Chronic Disease Management
A Medicare Rebate of $52.95 can be claimed for up to 5 physiotherapy sessions for those with an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) Plan under the Chronic Disease Management Program. Speak to your doctor to determine your eligibility.
All EPC consultations are up to 30 minutes. Bulk Billing (no out-of-pocket fee) is only available from Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm and only applies to:
- Children 15 and under
- Health Care Card Holders
- Pension Card Holders
- DVA Card Holders
An out-of-pocket (‘gap’) fee applies for all other patients. The ‘gap’ is the amount payable after the Medicare Rebate.
- Cancellation fee (within 24 hours) & missed appointments 50% of fee
Sports and Spinal Physiotherapy
Our expert physiotherapists will accurately assess your injury and provide treatment based on the latest scientific research. We aim to restore you to full function as quickly as possible while working to prevent re-occurrence.
We specialise in the following conditions:
- Back pain (sciatica, disc prolapse, scoliosis, spondylosis)
- Neck and whiplash injury
- Tension headaches and migraines
- Postural pain and ergonomics
- Muscle and ligament strains/tears
- Pre/postnatal care, pelvic/SIJ dysfunction
- Thoracic and rib pain
- Shoulder pain (bursitis, rotator cuff, frozen shoulder, AC joint sprain)
- Sports related injuries (meniscal tears, ACL rupture, achilles tendinitis, tennis elbow)
- Hip/knee/ankle dysfunctions
- Wrist and hand injuries (carpal tunnel, ligament tears)
- Pre and post-surgical rehabilitation (total hip, knee replacements, ACL reconstruction)
- Fracture management
- Chronic pain
We apply a range of specialised techniques in order to restore full function:
- Manual joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Therapeutic massage
- Dry needling
- Rigid and kinesio taping
- Exercise prescription
- Education and lifestyle advice
- Compression bandage, braces and therapeutic pillows
*Only available at Abbotsford clinic from January 2018*
What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates is an intricate form of rehabilitation. It is an individually tailored treatment method in the form of physical exercises that focus on core stability, optimal posture, breathing, strength and flexibility.
Who can benefit?
Clinical Pilates is used as a treatment method for:
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Poor posture
- Reduced flexibility and strength
- Recurrent sporting injuries and sub-optimal sporting performance
- Pre and Post surgery rehabilitation
Equipment: We use a variety of modalities such matwork, spring-loaded machines (reformer, cadillac, ladder barrel and wunda chair) and small props (resistance bands, magic circle, fit ball, foam roller and weights) in order for you to obtain the most benefits from your session.
Professional Expertise: Our sessions are instructed by qualified physiotherapists and myotherapists; experts in injury management, human anatomy and biomechanical function.
Private and Semi-Private sessions: Private sessions are necessary to ensure your movements are executed with precision. We provide hands-on facilitation to fine tune your techniques. Our groups are small, as we find larger groups reduce the quality of your session.
Private Health Insurance: Private health rebates are available for all our Clinical Pilates sessions if you have Physiotherapy or Pilates cover.
Clinical Pilates for Pre and Postnatal Pregnancy
Our sessions are safe, effective and we prescribe individualised programs comprising of a variety of low weight-bearing exercises for women during and after their pregnancy. These sessions are conducted under the guidance of a health professional that has undergone training in pregnancy and pelvic floor health.
Prenatal physiotherapy services
Although pregnancy can be an exciting time, it can often be an uncomfortable one as well – with back, neck or pelvic pain, tingling hands and continence problems.
Our Physiotherapists can provide:
- Friendly, confidential advice and hands on treatment for your pregnancy-related health concerns such as back and hip pain, pelvic girdle instability, sacroiliac joint pain and swelling
- Pelvic floor strengthening exercises
- Pregnancy supports such as belts and compression shorts/leggings
Postnatal physiotherapy services
Regaining pre-pregnancy fitness and vitality is paramount to new mothers. We tailor specific exercises to restore your pelvic floor strength and abdominal strength. We will also assess your abdominal separation and provide safe and effective strategies to strengthen your muscles.
What is dry needling?
Dry needling involves fine filament needles inserted into the skin and muscle directly to increase blood flow, release muscle spasm, treat trigger points, decrease pain and increase range of motion.
Is dry needling similar to acupuncture?
There are both similarities and differences between dry needling and acupuncture. The main difference is that dry needling is strictly based on Western medicine principles and research. It’s increasingly used in the management of musculoskeletal and sports injuries.
What type of problems can be treated with dry needling?
Dry needling can be used for a variety of musculoskeletal problems. Such conditions include neck, back and shoulder pain, arm pain (tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, golfer’s elbow), headache (including migraines and tension-type headaches), leg pain (sciatica, hamstrings strains, calf tightness/spasms).
No referral necessary.
Patients with private health insurance can claim on-the-spot using HICAPS.
We welcome WorkCover, TAC, DVA and Medicare EPC patients.
If you would like more information, please visit movephysioclinic.com.au
Looking for a physio in Melbourne?
We have physios available at our inner-city Melbourne location of Abbotsford within The Hive Shopping Centre. Book on-line today.